A guide to understand Corian Worktops Costs
While selecting the perfect Corian worktop for your kitchen, you come across a number of varying prices enlisted on various business’ websites. This is because various brands, colors, material quality, supply chain disruptions etc. varies with each supply and thus impact the cost. Apart from these, there are other factors which affect the costs of Corian worktops. Let’s take a look at some of those factors:
Factors impacting Corian Worktop Prices:
- Brand/ Supplier of worktops; the higher the equity and salience of a brand the more will it charge for its product.
- Quality of material; raw material or finished, the prices increase with the quality.
- Calibration; how the raw material is converted into a finished product also has a say in the Corian worktop cost.
- Supply and demand; as the supply chain is disrupted, cost of certain materials fluctuate a lot more than usual and thus such increased costs are added to the final product by the suppliers.
- Installing the worktops; what is the size of your kitchen and how the kitchen theme needs to be elevated depends upon the skills of the installers and thus such installation costs are also added to the final prices.
- Edges and waterfalls; the customized design cut of the worktop increases the cost as most of the time the cut material goes waste, so you have to pay for that also.
- Giving the perfect fit; no miscalculation or wrong measurement adds to the complexity of the process and thus carries additional costs with them.
Why does replacing kitchen worktops become necessary?
In lieu of lockdown, most of our time is spent in our houses. We cannot dine out more often but we can change the look of our kitchen into a fine dine now, can’t we? We can remove the outdated look and replace it with some fresh worktops which look aesthetically pleasing to our eyes. Also, who doesn’t like hygiene along with a beautifully themed kitchen? Corian worktops give all the qualities we need to have a picture-perfect kitchen.
Kitchen worktops, if placed correctly, can increase the worth of our place. We are not going to stay in the place forever. So, when the reselling or renting time comes up, a place with a nice kitchen can benefit you monetarily.
Also, families with kids need to have a safe environment, microbe-free Corian worktops are an answer to that. No one would want to risk the health of their loved ones.
When can we request a quote for new worktops?
Requesting for a quote months before you want your worktops to be installed or replaced is not a rational idea. There are many factors which impact the costs for suppliers and the prices vary. It is possible that you get a quote for a high price and at the time you actually install the worktops the prices are much lower but you have already agreed for the prices before and also have made some initial payments.
It is better you analyze the market conditions; the supply and demand curve, industry growth, material prices, feasibility and then ask for a quote at least a month or a few weeks before you actually want to install the worktop. It is also better if you have the actual measurements of how much material you want for your kitchen; estimates can go wrong and can add to your payment prices.
Asking for a quote months before can also affect your final decision, you may come across some other alternative or design which you selected initially and now you want a different thing. Wait and be patient to achieve the best results for your kitchen. “Solid worktops” offers the best prices in town and if you already have a decision made,
What worktops other than Corian can be used for your kitchen?
It is always better to explore all your options, it does not cost you rather it helps you make a better decision. Some other worktops which can elevate your kitchen theme are:
- Granite worktops
- Wooden worktops
- Quartz and Marble
If I want to replace the already installed worktops, how much will it cost?
For replacing the worktops, you have to account for two cost subjects. The first is the cost of the worktop you want to purchase and how much of the material you require. And the second one is the cost workers of the company take for removing the existing worktops and re-installing the second one. These two costs impact the total price you have to make as payments.
Average costs for installing a Corian worktop usually adds for £900-1000; depending on the factors mentioned above. Other worktops such as Laminate and Wood fall in the price range of £600-900. For a fine Granite worktop, the price bar goes a bit high and reaches to £1500-2000 and for a unique Quartz the price you have to pay is higher and can add up to £3000.
Contact for further expert suggestions!
How much do I have to wait to have my kitchen worktop replaced?
It doesn’t take weeks if the labor is skilled and has the proper expertise to replace or install a new worktop. Usually, it takes up to 2-3 days to get your worktops replaced and give your kitchen the look you desired.
Things to keep a tab on while estimating costs for worktops replacements:
While calculating your required budget to have your kitchen worktops replaced it is better if you add for these costs too.
- Your kitchen size matters; check how much of the area you need to be covered by the worktop and how much material it will require.
- Check the costs of material you want to purchase; marble and Quartz are usually priced higher than other worktops.
- If your appliances also have to be moved or replaced, the labor will ask for additional prices.
- Customized worktops also cost more than pre-made worktops
- Experienced and skilled labor charge for their expertise but you should never go for less labor costs because inexperienced workers can add to your future costs.